KIT AVAILABLE !!! All In One v2.7 PCB Kit to sell !!!

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: KIT AVAILABLE !!! All In One v2.7 PCB Kit to sell !!!

Postby jman 31 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Double sided PCB's are pretty much the same as a single if you make them yourself. The hardest part is lining the holes up on both sides and you have to remember to make all of the via connections to tie the sides together. I usually just solder a piece of stripped wire, stuck through the board, on both sides of the board and cut it off.
jman 31

Postby Jeag_Vzla » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:31 pm

I don't know anything about this stuff... Some friend is gonna come over help me but i'm from Venezuela and i don't even know the names of this thing in Spanish (Resitors or whatever)... This Synthex PCB is the same schematic that is downloadable from dimitri? I mean... Can i do this PCB mtself with my friend... I'm from Venezuela so... I hava no option for buying this stuff PRE made... Help plzzz!!!
Jeag_Vzla

Postby jman 31 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:41 pm

No, this is a different schematic than Dmitri's. You can find the Schematic for the v2.7 HERE. If you are having such a hard time sourcing all of the parts, why don't you buy the v3.1 kit from Synthex? It is found HERE. It comes with just about everything you need to build one.
jman 31

Postby Jeag_Vzla » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:29 am

jman 31 wrote:No, this is a different schematic than Dmitri's. You can find the Schematic for the v2.7 HERE. If you are having such a hard time sourcing all of the parts, why don't you buy the v3.1 kit from Synthex? It is found HERE. It comes with just about everything you need to build one.

The thing is... I can't buy things from outer countries... We have a "Exchange control" policy in our goverment... I'm from Venezuela... It's hard to buy things in internet because of this... SO... Can i have like a PDF for printing the PCB of this model? I mean... I see this a littler clearer than the dimitri's one...
Jeag_Vzla

Postby jman 31 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am

The latest kit that has a printable PDF is the v2.5 found here. I made one of these and it works great. If you want to do a later version of these then you will have to design your own PCB from the schematic. Synthex hasn't released the files for these later versions as far as I know.
jman 31

Postby Ken Forgettable » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 am

Jeag_Vzla wrote:We have a "Exchange control" policy in our goverment...

Your government can not be adverse to the purchase of a megadrum!
Ken Forgettable

Postby kenben » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Hey guys,
I got a question. If you look at the the PCB v2.7 colour3p.jpg, in the midi connection section (brown part), there is an 220ohm resistor just under the diode which does not corresponds to to any resistor in schematic. I searched the schematic thoroughly but found only three 220ohm resistors while the PCB has four. Could anyone explain the reason behind it?

ken
kenben

Postby jman 31 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:38 pm

From everything I am seeing. There should be a 220 ohm resistor between pin 6 of the opto-isolator (6N138N) and Pin 14 of the Atmega. None of the schematics show it even starting with v.5-v.8, but they all have it on the board. Not sure what happened there, except maybe an oversight. have a look at the resistor between the 1K and the 4K7 to the right of the 6n138N on the v.5 board.

EDIT: Have a look at the v3.2 midi portion. It shows the resistor that I am talking about.

Last edited by jman 31 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jman 31

Postby Synthex » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 pm

kenben wrote:Hey guys,
I got a question. If you look at the the PCB v2.7 colour3p.jpg, in the midi connection section (brown part), there is an 220ohm resistor just under the diode which does not corresponds to to any resistor in schematic. I searched the schematic thoroughly but found only three 220ohm resistors while the PCB has four. Could anyone explain the reason behind it?

ken

The 220 resistor is missing in schematic.
This has been corrected in the following version.
Synthex

Postby kenben » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:03 pm

which version of schematic are you referring to Synthex?
kenben

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware