Firmware update

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Firmware update

Postby Metalal5150 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:05 pm

hi there guys!
I have purchased a MD unit yesterday and i already love this thig!
I will be using it with EZ Drummer and i am trying to get the unit up to its newest firmware but i cant find the nevest firmware anywhere?
can anyone help me ?
my current firmware is 20210520 so it seems a bit old?
the chap i got it off was legit and told me that he didn't use this unit for a long time so it looks like he was honest about it .
i have managed to hook it up to the MDManager FX and i was happy to find out that i have the 120Mhz running version so thats a good news.
My unit also has the "old " type colour square display so do i need to upgrade this as well or is this display perfectly capable as it is?
Any help will be much appreciated .
Regards
Al
Metalal5150

Re: Firmware update

Postby ignotus » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:30 am

Metalal5150 wrote:I will be using it with EZ Drummer and i am trying to get the unit up to its newest firmware but i cant find the nevest firmware anywhere?

The latest firmware can be found here.

Metalal5150 wrote:My unit also has the "old " type colour square display so do i need to upgrade this as well or is this display perfectly capable as it is?

Not sure why you think it's 'old' - maybe because the modules shown in the 'modules for sale' thread have the rectangular blue LCD. But that's actually the old display. You've got the newer one that shows a lot more information on it. The only upgrade would be to install a bigger one (I use a 3.2" display), but you're limited by the size of the opening in the module's case, so not really an option.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby Metalal5150 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:58 pm

WOW !!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IGNOTUS !!!!

Just downloaded the new firmware so will give this a go later on!

And yes you are absolutely right ! I was under the impression that the narrow screens were the newer version but it seems i got lucky and purchased the one that is not as old as i
initially thought!
Well happy about it!
Thanks very much indeed and i shall keep you posted with my learning curve and experiments with this unit.

I have just been through some older topics on this forum and i have noticed that You Yourself have bricked the unit during the firmware update?
Should i even attemp this update or fix until broken ? ? LOL
I have noticed that when i press left encoder and boot the device it gives me - FwSUpdaterSTM32d
StartUpdateOnPC

So do i put the device into this update mode before attempting one ?or can it be done on normal standby display when connected to pc ?

Thanks in advance !!

Regards
Al
Metalal5150

Postby Metalal5150 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:13 pm

Operation success!!

Took me few attempts but finally i am officially on the newest firmware.
Super happy.

Thanks for all the advice in the past posts guys!

Your experience and sharing is highly appreciated !

Regards

Al
Metalal5150

Return to MegaDrum Hardware